As the founder of Nourish Labs, I grew up up making all kind of yummy cookies and cakes, and the smell of cinnamon to me = heaven. Fast forward 20 years. I am insulin resistant and avoid refined sugar and gluten. What’s a woman who loves her cookies and chai to do?
These are my Nourish biscuits made with Yakon syrup, coconut flour and almond flour. They are filling but still sweet and pastry like – making them perfect for tea time!
2.5 cups Almond Flour
1.5 cups Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Coconut Oil melted
1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Yakon Syrup
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
Handful Cardamom Seeds crushed (optional)
A few squares of 85% or more Dark Chocolate (optional)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 25 Cookies
1) Mix dry ingredients together.
2) Mix wet ingredients together.
3) Mix both together. Using hands mash into a dough ball.
4) Create small balls the size of a melon baller. Place on parchment paper on baking sheet.
5) Bake in oven at 350 for 10 minutes. (half way through the baking can “smoosh” down balls with a fork)
6) Poor some melted chocolate over cookies once out of the oven
7) Enjoy with some gingery chai!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The content on this website strictly for educational purposes. The ideas, opinions, and suggestions contained on this website are not meant to replace medical advice. Readers of this website should not rely on any information provided here as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or consultation with a medical professional. Nourish Nutrition, Inc. does not encourage, nor is it liable for failure to seek medical advice from an appropriate licensed medical professional.